January 9, 2010

RNC Chairman's Book Stirs Up Controversy


Photobucket

According to the Washington Post, Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele is under fire from members of his own party who were unaware Steele was publishing a book until they saw him promoting it on TV. The 256-page book, Right Now: A 12-Step Program for Defeating the Obama Agenda, was just released on January 4th.

Several GOP fundraisers have criticized Steele for choosing to focus on himself instead of the party as a whole. In response to those critics, Steele told ABC News Radio: "I'm telling them and I'm looking them in the eye and say I've had enough of it. If you don't want me in the job, fire me. But until then, shut up. Get with the program or get out of the way."

It will be interesting to see if all the controversy sells more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment